The need for medical transportation is growing with every passing year. The aging of the population, the rise in chronic illnesses and the breakdown of traditional family ties have all combined to create this need, but what do these services have to offer you and your loved ones?
You do not have to be elderly, disabled or even chronically ill to take advantage of non-emergency medical transportation services. There are some valid reasons to use these services, and their convenience is hard to beat. Here are six times non-emergency medical transportation could save the day.
- Routine medical appointments – If you are disabled or unable to drive, non-emergency medical transportation could be the answer. Just let the service know when your appointment is, where you are going, and how early you need to be there.
- Urgent but non-life-threatening situations – From broken bones and sprained ankles to stomach flu and severe colds, many medical conditions require urgent care. Non-emergency medical transportation can bring you safely to the hospital or urgent care clinic.
- Release from the hospital – When you are in the hospital, you want to know when you’ll be getting out. When that release time arrives, non-emergency medical transportation can get you home quickly, so you can start on the road to recovery.
- Outpatient procedures – If you are having outpatient surgery or other outpatient procedures, you may not be able to drive yourself home. Contacting a non-emergency medical transportation provider for those appointments makes sense, and doing so will give you peace of mind.
- Ease the burden on your family members – Your loved ones do not mind driving you to medical appointments, but you may feel guilty about taking up their time. Using a non-emergency medical transportation service can ease the burden and allow you to spend more quality time with the ones you love.
- Returns from emergency care – If you are suffering chest pains or other life-threatening problems, you need to call an ambulance, but what do you do when the emergency care is complete and you are ready to return home? Non-emergency medical transportation can pick you up and get you home safely.
Whether you are going to a routine medical appointment, having outpatient surgery or returning home from the hospital, non-emergency medical transportation could be the answer. This unique type of transport is extremely valuable and increasingly necessary, and there is no reason not to use it when the need arises.
Contact Quickride today to find out how we can help you get to your appointment safely and on time. When you book with us, you can be sure that you’re getting a clean and reliable ADA compliant vehicle with trained drivers ready to assist.
Schedule transportation at 907-332-0261
#caregiving #alaskahealth #alaskahealthcare #careservices #disability #anchorage #alaska #quickride #medicaltransport #nemt #healthcare #medicaltransportation #eldercare #seniorcare #nonemergencymedicaltransport